Friday, April 4, 2014

Faith News: Birthday Wish

A fourth grade girl in Clarion PA wanted something really different for her birthday this year.  For her 10th birthday, Gabrielle Miller, a student at Immaculate Conception School, told her parents she wanted just one thing:  to make a difference in someone's life.   With their help, she planned a birthday party.  Instead of gifts for herself she asked all the invitees to make a donation to a group called Camo Cares, an event which sends terminally ill children and wounded veterans on a hunt of a lifetime.   She received, and donated, $700.   (from the Progress News, Tuesday, March 25, 2014)


What do you think about that?!

1 comment:

  1. How AWESOME!!! I think it's great when kids see the bigger picture. It always make me question my choices in life. Can I give more? What else can I do to help? Am I doing enough?

    ReplyDelete