Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I was recently at my youth group and a discussion was brought up about Jesus on the cross. We were discussing what Jesus meant when he said, "My God, why have you forsaken me?" I have always thought that he was quoting scripture. Which scripture is he quoting? If any? Regards, Missy

Yes, you are right it was a quote from Bible.  Jesus quoted a lot of scripture in his ministry!

At this time it was Psalm 22:2. The title of the Psalm is "The Prayer of an Innocent Person"  and although it begins with such intense distress, it progresses to inviting people to praise God and ends in a universal chorus of praise. 

Now I ask you something, Missy ... Jesus quoted scripture throughout his life and especially at his final moments.  What was he teaching us?  What should we learn from him through that?  What do I need to do if I want to be more like Jesus in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment