Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I have a friend who always says, "Offer it up," when I am in pain. I don't understand what she means. -B

B-

I remember asking a faithful person in the Church what that meant too.  I think it was just in the last year or so.  Here's how I understand it. ... When I suffer any type of pain, I can join hands with Jesus and we can together offer our hurt as prayer, worship, and offering to God.  We can offer it for the healing of others, for the salvation of souls, for lots of things.  The important thing to note here is that I am joining hands with Jesus to do this.  He suffered for us.  We join Him in his suffering and hence give him the gift of ourselves in order that other may be brought to Him.  I hope that makes sense.

Anyone else have ideas on this?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment