Tuesday, January 26, 2016

When I have a problem, does it really matter if I pray? I mean, God already knows what's going to happen, so why should I pray if He already has the results of a problem in His sight? - Julie

Before trying to answer that, let's look at what prayer is.   "Prayer is communion with God. Prayer is communication within relationship.  From a Biblical standpoint, change isn't what prayer is all about. it is more about love and relationship with God."  

So, the answer to your question is YES, it matters that you pray.  God wants to be in communion - that is in relationship - with you.  Just like you share your concerns with a best friend, that's what God wants from you.  Will the end result change?  I don't know.  But, I do know that when I am in communion with God, He blesses me with a peace and acceptance and trust in His higher purpose. That helps me to stay more calm, to worry  less, and to at least go through the troubling time in a much more joyful, less anxious attitude.  And that is always an answer to prayer!


No comments:

Post a Comment